About us and how to get in touch
Staffordshire Jobs & Careers is a job brokerage service delivered and funded by Staffordshire County Council.
It is part of the County Council’s Skills & Employability team, and it is responsible for the management and delivery of a FREE recruitment and support service to employers, supporting Staffordshire residents into work, by providing a bespoke tailored service to match and screen potential candidates. Enabling employers to recruit skilled employees which will help businesses grow and contribute to improving the local economy.
Staffordshire Jobs and Careers brokerage model will add value and be aligned with existing services with partners such as, local DWP Jobcentre Plus, National Careers Service, and the Staffordshire Chamber of Commerce.
This ‘Staffordshire Jobs & Careers’ website forms part of the service and it helps to support the local economy by providing residents with a quick and easy way to find employment and/or training opportunities. Making labour market information more accessible and relevant for everyone, where you can explore resources to understand the career opportunities and pathways available locally.
This website aims to signpost you to useful resources, careers and employability advice and important information about Staffordshire’s economy. Our goal is to remove employability barriers and provide access to better and more rewarding jobs that allow individuals to progress in their careers.
The website enables searches for employment, including real time employment opportunities, apprenticeship, and training opportunities; view information on the region’s priority sectors; and/or interact with a career directory that comes with information to help you better understand different job roles.
Free Recruitment solutions for local businesses
- Matching and short listing, pre-screening to gauge suitability
- Interview techniques, mock interviews
- Support assessment centres
- Site tours and taster days
- Development and implementation of recruitment processes and procedures
- Employer Led Pre-Employment Training
- Account Management –dedicated Employment Broker
- In-work support – mentoring for an agreed period
- Further training for the candidate and the business via externally funded partner contracts
- Post-employment support for the employer and the candidate to create sustainable employment
The service will support new employment sites and employers with recruitment needs, and offer relevant support in order to find the “right people for the right job”.